[themecolor]Having visitors to your site is no good if they do not return[/themecolor]
I canâ€™t stress enough how important it is to start building your mailing list from the beginning. You want to be able to stay in contact with people who have found your website and who liked what they saw.
Sending newsletters is a good way of doing just that. Donâ€™t spam people with information they are not looking for. Send them the latest news in their field. Information that is really useful. Keep them up to date on what you are doing. New courses, workshops and other services. You can offer discounts to your loyal readers.
[themecolor]How do you go about setting up a mailing list?[/themecolor]
You can use free software like Mail Chimp. There is nothing wrong with using free software but it does have a few drawbacks.
- Because it is free, what it offers is usually just a little less than a paid service.
- Although you can set up more than one list. You cannot have it point to different websites. This is fine if you only use one website. But can be troublesome if you use more than one.
- The regular opt-in form is pretty plain.
After thinking long and hard I decided to go for a paid service: AWeber. As you can see I have been implementing it on the website last week. And it gives a totally different feel.
[themecolor]So what is good about AWeber[/themecolor]
- Much more variety in opt-in forms. And you can tweek them yourself
- Easy tutorials
- Supports more lists and more websites
As I said AWeber is not free. But they will give you the opportunity to test it out for $1. This gives you access for a month. If you are not sure if this is for you I would recommend you look around the site. Follow a few tutorials. Try the $1 trial and see how the opt-in forms look on your website. And if you are drawing in people through them!