This is a slightly different post than you will usually see here. Today I want to talk about self care. As I am a counsellor as well, this is so important to me to share. And it is one of the pillars of having a successful home business.
- Create your own space. Make sure that you have some space in the house were you will not be disturbed. And make sure that the people you live with know which hours you donâ€™t want to be disturbed.
- That space should possibly just be used for work. And be well organized so you can easily find what you need for work.
- Guard your boundaries. When you work from home it is easy for your friends to think that you will have time to go out and do stuff with them during the week. Explain to them that even though you are home, that doesnâ€™t mean you are not working.
- Use separate email addresses for work and private email. So you donâ€™t have to open your work email when you donâ€™t want to.
- Plan for time off and stick to it! It is very tempting to do little chores on days that you have time off. Try to be away from home for some of that time at least. A holiday without Internet access can be very refreshing.
If you stick to these 5 rules you already have a structure in place to start a practice in which your well-being comes first.
Please feel free to share your own tips on how you manage your practice from home. What works for you and what doesnâ€™t.